Sunday, November 30, 2008

Melinda's Cookie Swap

My friend Melinda at "Bloggin' It From The 'Burbs" had the great idea of a Christmas Cookie Swap. I too have a weakness for cookies, and would have a hard time picking a favorite. The plain old chocolate chip cookie ranks pretty high on my list, but I'm sure everyone already has their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'm posting a recipe for chocolate crinkles at my husband's request. These are his favorite cookies, and he isn't really into food, so they must be good. So, if you want an array of new cookie recipes, check out Melinda's blog tomorrow and you will be linked to all of the recipes that were posted. (Melinda, I am not technologically inclined enough to post the adorable star invite, I am not sure I properly linked to your site, and I'm posting a day early because I would forget if I waited until tomorrow, but I hope you count me anyway!) So, here is my (my meaning my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook) recipe for.................

Chocolate Crinkles
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
sifted powdered sugar

1. In a mixing bowl beat eggs, granulated sugar, chocolate, oil, baking powder and vanilla with an electric mixer till combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours or till easy to handle.

2. Shape dough inot 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar to coat generously. Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till edges are set and tops are crackled. Transfer cookies to a wire reack and let cool. If desired, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Makes about 48 cookies.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Josh doesn't like sweets that much but if you say Kevin likes these cookies, maybe my hubby will too : ) Thanks for participating, Devin; and of course it counts if you posted a day early!