Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dancing Feet

It was Parent Observation Week at dance this week, and we got to observe the shuffles and plies. It is amazing how a few little kicks, hops and shuffles can make a parent so proud. It makes your heart melt and you can't help but smile and laugh a little. They both tried really hard and have come along way. At least now, they both actually attempt completing most of the steps. The first year we observed each of them, neither of them moved much at all. I can't believe how quickly they are growing up.



As I was putting Skylar to bed, I was telling her what a great job she did dancing, because that's what good parents do, right? She tries so hard, and watches every move the teacher makes. She is totally focused on trying to get every step. However, I think she has to try so hard because she probably has the ability, or lack thereof of her mother. Anyway, as I was telling her how proud I was, and what a good job she did, she just looks up and says "I know". She apparently felt very good about her performance.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

So cute. Yet another thing I will miss out on not having a girl : )

Brooke said...

I think their little legs get longer every time I see them! I love how perfectly pointed Skylar's toe is, what perfect form! And Londyn also looks adorable, do I see a little makeup? I just love these girls!