Saturday, November 22, 2008

No Sewing Required

I've come to the realization that I am not a person who is gifted with craftiness. I like things that are somewhat crafty, I always think I want to try to do something crafty, but it's just not for me. I don't like spending time and money on a project that 9 times out of 10 doesn't turn out the way I want it to. I'd just rather pay someone else to do it. I also decided today that it's ok that I'm not good at crafty things. I'm sure I have other talents, and some day I will discover what those are. My mom came up this weekend to sew and work on things for this Holiday Shoppe Monday night. I was completely useless at helping her. I really thought I'd be able to do something, but I'm too impatient and get easily sidetracked. I did however complete one project. I made these tutus for the girls. They were super easy and no sewing was required. The girls can wear them to dance and just to play dress up around the house. They loved them! It's not necessary that they know how incompetent I am, not yet anyway:)


4 comments:

Brooke said...

Very cute! I love them. I will have to make a mini one for Anastyn!

Jessica said...

I wish I was craftier too...I always have high hopes that I'm going to re-create things that I've seen, but it never quite turns out as great as I had imagined. I too hope to discover my talent somday.

Melinda said...

You did a wonderful job. I am so impressed!

April said...

Can you show me how to make these? I want to make one for my cousin for Christmas.