Monday, November 17, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies

I'm posting another recipe that I love for Fall. These pumpkin cookies are easy, delicious, and Weight Watcher friendly. I got the recipe from my friend Shannon, but I didn't think she' d mind if I shared.

Pumpkin Spice Cookies with cream cheese frosting
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 serving spice cake mix, one package
3 oz light cream cheese
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract8 Tbsp light butter, divided in half

Combine cake mix, pumpkin, and 1/4 cup light butter. Blend well. Drop generous TBS. of dough for each cookie on greased sheet. Bake at375 for 11-13 nimutes until golden brown on edges. Cool completely.While cookies are baking, mix light cream cheese, 4 T light butter,powdered sugar and vanilla. using mixer. After cookies are cooled, ice with cream cheese frosting.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

That sounds delicious! I can't wait to try them. Thanks!

Brooke said...

Those sound good! I will have to give them a try. And let Kevin know we are thinking about him and are sorry to hear about his Grandma.

suzspeaks said...

yummy!! I am going to make these next week!! thanks for the recipe!

Shannon Koeninger said...

Your friend Shannon must be an awesome cook - these sound delicious! :)

Devin said...

Yes, my friend Shannon is an awesome cook! Not only can she cook, but she can decorate,make beautiful floral arrangements and incredible wall hangings. On top of all that, she's really nice too!