Saturday, November 15, 2008

Helping Hands

What does one do on a day free of obligation? Why chores of course! Some of you probably consider housework to be an obligation, but around this house, it takes a back seat to pretty much anything we can do to get out of it. As I was trying to get things caught up around the house this morning, the girl insisted on helping. I told them they could help, but they had to do exactly what I asked. I have to admit, they did a pretty good job, and were actuallly helpful. What are the chances that the desire to do work around the house will continue through their growing up years? Anyway, they....... Put away dishes,
Folded laundry,

Put away all of their clothes, and


washed down the kitchen chairs for me.
Thanks for all your hard work girls, and no, you will not be receiving a special treat, allowance or payment in any form. You will merely get to enjoy a cleaner house, a happier mother, and the pride that comes with knowing that you put your best foot forward and got the job done.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

What a cute post! And how nice it is that the girls will help you clean - and without any form of bribery or reward (I wonder how much longer that will last?) : )

Brooke said...

Such good girls! I just love my nieces, hopefully they can teach Anastyn to be such a good little helper as well!

Meagan said...

Ha! Devin, you crack me up with some of your pictures! I just picture you walking around the house with your camera hanging from your neck, ready to go! And I thought I was a picture freak...
Oh, and can I borrow your girls? There are lots of chores to be done around my house! They definitely take a back seat around here, too. ;)

Devin said...

Yes Meagan, I do pretty much have a camera ready at all times. It's probably to the point of ridiculous. I could send the girls over for a small fee:)Maybe I could used them to help me earn some extra Christmas cash,hmmm.....