Saturday, August 23, 2008

Savoring Saturday

Today is what Saturdays are supposed to be. Things have been so busy since I've been back to work, I was looking forward to a weekend of rest and relaxation. We slept in, picked up around the house, and had nowhere to be. We ended up taking the girls to get a haircut, had lunch at Los Cabos, strolled the Riverwalk and enjoyed ice cream for dessert. We then headed home and rested for a while. (Well, Kevin and I rested, and the girls played, pretty much defeating the picking up we did this morning.) I always feel like after school starts that I don't ever do anything fun on the weekends. I've discovered that my idea of what is fun just changes. During the summer, I think we need to go somewhere fun, now fun is having nothing to do. It's nice to just be able to do what we feel like at the moment rather than having a full agenda for the weekend. These days are few and far between, so I'm savoring the uneneventfullness of today.



Apparently the haircut made her actually feel like cooperating for a few pictures.

I'm sure the haircut helped, but she's always my poser.


3 comments:

Grandma Del said...

I really like the haircuts. They are looking so grownup. Icecream looks good too.

Brooke said...

I love the haircuts! They are adorable! That ice cream looks pretty good too! lol. love you all

Anonymous said...

I love the girls' haircuts!! They look absolutely adorable with short hair!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful family day!