Friday, August 15, 2008

Family Fun Night

This was my first full week back at work, and it just stunk. I didn't feel good, I was stressed out, and completely exhausted from sitting through meetings and trying to get everything done that goes along with the first days of school. I wasn't a very fun person this week, so I decided to make it a priority to enjoy the weekend with some quality family time. The weather was absolutely beautiful this evening, so we enjoyed a little time outside riding bikes and taking a walk. We then retreated indoors for a heated game of Chutes and Ladders and Olympic entertainment.

Olympic Hopeful
Skylar trying to give the Olympic gymnasts a run for their money. She was inspired by the USA gymnastics team, especially the floor performance.

A Little Bike Ride

Chutes and Ladders
Before the game.....

And after the game.(Can you guess who won?)
Londyn grinning, trying not to to gloat about her Chutes and Ladders victory.

It absolutely cracks me up how upset Skylar gets about losing. She rarely ever cries or acts out, but she is just enough of a perfectionist that she cannot stand to lose, especially to her sister. If she even begins to think that she won't win, she immediately gets in a bad mood and starts pouting. She actually cried real tears from losing Chutes and Ladders.

4 comments:

Grandma Del said...

It looks like you had a fun evening. In the first picture Skylar looks like she has grown


Looks like a fun night.i

suzspeaks said...

How fun!! I love Skylar's olympic picture!

Brooke said...

These pictures absolutely crack me up! Skylar does look bigger in the olympic picture! She seems so much taller. And the game pictures are priceless. It is not often Skylar shows that side of her! And Londyn's cute little grin... oh, I just miss them! Can't wait to see you all soon. Love you all!

Anna said...

Hi, I stumbled on your blog through Brooke's facebook. Your girls are adorable!!