Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Birthday!

Yesterday I celebrated my 29th birthday. Kevin asked the girls Thursday night if they wanted to shop for a present while I went to work. Skylar insisted that they did not shop, that she would make me something. They LOVE playing with the gift wrapping stuff I keep under my bed. Anytime I say we need to get a gift for someone in their family, they grab some of their toys and put them in gift sacks or wrap them up and give them to us to open. This gift giving goes on for quite sometime, so I got to open several "gifts" from the girls. This year it consisted of a singing mermaid, a tea pot, some sunglasses, and a few other miscellaneous items. They get pretty excited about giving away their toys as gifts to Kevin and I. I'm not sure they would be so generous if they didn't know they would get it back. Anyway, we celebrated the day by going to the movies, a car show, eating cake and then Kevin and I went shopping and to dinner.

4 comments:

Shannon Koeninger said...

You got your cake!!!

April said...

Kevin did good on the cake! I am impressed. :)

Jessica said...

Happy late birthday! Who made the cake...it's so cute! It was SO good to see you last week...I so wish I lived closer!

Portlandia said...

Happy 1st 29th birthday!