Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ambition

I had a bit of a rotten day today, slightly irritable for no apparent reason besides having to be at work, and the fact that I was trying to run errands in 105 degree heat which ,as I'm sure you can imagine, is quite uncomfortable. When I went in to pick up the girls at school I became increasingly irritated at the fact that it was water day at school and I didn't know, so my kids were the only ones that did not have bathing suits. I know this probably isn't that big of a deal, but I read their daily sheet everyday, and I never saw anything about it being water day. I try very hard to make sure I'm in the know as to what's going on, because as a teacher I complain all the time about parents not paying attention to what their children are doing. I begin to question my decision to leave the girls there for another year due to the lack of organization and communcation, and the fact that I would really like to take them to Miss Helen's but it's extremely inconvenient. Yes, I know it's still summer to them, and they've apparently had a water day every Tuesday for the summer, but I didn't know, so it made me feel like a really crappy mom. Anyway, all that to say that at dinner we had the conversation about what they wanted to be when they grow up, and Skylar's desire is to be a McDonald's "cooker", and Londyn has chosen Sonic as her future place of employment. With this kind of ambition, or lack thereof, I am no longer worried about sending them to my school of choice. I think they'll be quite successful in those jobs with or without the perfect preschool education.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you are a great mom!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

What a hilarious story! Hey, now you can save money by not having to send them to a pricey, highly acclaimed preschool.

Let Londyn know I'll be a frequent visitor during 2:00-4:00 Happy Hour. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! That was too funny. And, you are a great mom.

Heather said...

All I can say is that I am super excited about Londyn working at Sonic and am only praying that she can get me a senior discount on the diet cokes that I am addicted to!! I am going to do everything I can to encourage her in this career path!!!