Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pocket Change

When we were at church Sunday, the girls both had taken their purses that they had filled with our community change cup the evening before. They said they were going to give it to God, and I was thinking about how sweet that was. Apparently, neither were quite as generous as I thought. When the collection plate came around, Skylar had reduced the massive amount of coins she originally had to like 3 pennies. I don't think she knows the value of money very well yet, but she does know that she can buy a soda at Kevin's office for a dime, so she certainly wasn't giving up any of those. Londyn on the other hand seemed to be quite generous, she was still planning to give all her money. However, on the way home, I heard them talking and Londyn told Skylar "It's ok if you give all your money to God, he'll give it back to you anyway." I'd like to think this was a spiritually mature statement demonstrating her understanding of God's blessing, but I'm pretty sure she was referring to the occasion when she thought God actually left money in her bed.

No comments: