Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Long and Short of It

Why I do this, I don't know. I felt it was time to take the girls in for a haircut. I rarely ever even get their hair trimmed, but it really needed to be cleaned up a little. I hate paying for just a trim, and the girls have been begging to cut their hair short ever since I cut mine off in December. So, I got up this morning, made an appointment and off we went. I really love long hair on little girls, the pigtails, ponytails, braids, and just being able to pull it back. (It pretty much just looks stringy in this pic, but you know what I mean.) Even though it's just hair and it grows back, the thought of cutting it off was painful. I now understand why my mother wouldn't let me cut my hair off until I was in high school.
Londyn was first, and insisted that she keep cutting it shorter.

The final unfixed product, but shorter as you can see. It's not terribly short, but enough to make a difference. Every girl needs a change now and again, right? They were thrilled, I'm hoping I can figure out a cute way to fix it. (I know my mom is cringing as she is reading this. Sorry mom, it'll grow back.)

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Their haircuts are adorable!

April said...

I took Austin to that very same kids salon...the threw the biggest fit ever! He hate hair cuts. Their hair looks so good! That same lady did Austin's too. How funny!