Thursday, August 21, 2008

A red bell pepper is like.....


..an ear, according to Skylar. Last night as I was diligently trying to make dinner as well as get ready and get to church by 7:00PM, my sweet children wanted so badly to help. (It's a rare occasion when they actually see their mother cooking a meal.) As I was chopping away at the peppers, onion and cilantro to make pineapple salsa, they are both climbing up the drawers to get on the counter to help. I let them both try to use the chopper, but they just weren't quite strong enough. So, Skylar resorted to analyzing the red pepper, questioning about the seeds and such. I try to encourage her, thinking she may actually become brave enough to taste this newly introduced vegetable. Wishful thinking. She informed me that she might try it if didn't look so much like an ear.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree with Skylar...I don't like ears either.

Grandma Del said...

Skylar you should try the pepper I think they are so good, almost as good as candy.