Sunday, August 24, 2008

Here Comes Monday

I'm very proud of myself today for accomplishing a couple of things I've not done in a long time. First, I ironed. It's probably been at least a year since I've ironed anything, maybe longer. I'm just not good at it. I would get so frustrated because I would take the time to iron something, and it was barely noticable that I had even touched it. So, I either take things to the cleaners, put them in the dryer, or I just don't wear that particular item again for a very long while. But tonight, I was cleaning out my laundry room, and figured it was about time to go through the "special" laundry pile that had been covering my dryer for quite some time. (Special laundry would include anything that can't be thrown in warm water and dried in the dryer. It consisted of things that had one spot, needed ironed, required cold water, or needed to be layed flat to dry.) So, I started hand washing and ironing, I felt domestic for a brief moment. It was nice. Secondly, I ran. I not only ran, I ran for fifteen minutes without stopping. It's probably been at least ten years since I've done that. I know to some of you, that's nothing, but for me it's quite an achievement. I am not a runner, and I don't enjoy it in the least. I'll walk, lift, and spin, but running is not my thing. I have found it impossible to excercise since I've been back at work. I used to go to the gym early in the morning, but there's no way I can get to the gym and back, dressed and ready for work, and manage to drop the girls off at school and be at work by 8AM. So, I had to find a quicker, closer way to get in some cardio. Unfortunately, running seemed to be the only solution. Anyway, for the first time in a long time, I feel caught up and ready to tackle another week. We'll see how long that feeling lasts!

5 comments:

Grandma Del said...

Devin I am very proud of you for all you got done today.

Melinda said...

Have you tried Downy Wrinkle Release? It is a life saver!!

Mandy said...

Hey Devin! I just found your blog, your girls are beautiful just like you!

Anonymous said...

Are you ready to start ironing my clothes now? Just checking :)

Kev

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I wish I would've been that productive over the weekend. I've had the same 'to do' list for quite a while now. :)