Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Almost Here...

And almost gone. I always have a hard time believing that Christmas is already here. I mean we build up so much anticipation, and then one day it's Christmas and it has all come to an end for that year. With that being said, there is officially one day until Christmas, and at this point, 12:46 AM on Dec. 24th I guess, I am ready (for the most part). I finished my last bit of shopping at about midnight tonight. I refuse to shop tomorrow. I however did not buy any food for holiday meals because at both Target and Wal-Mart they were out of the first three items I attempted, so I just gave up. I really wish someone would have told me there may not be food available two days before Christmas. For some reason, my common sense just didn't kick in on this one. I expected the popular toys of the season to be missing from the shelves, but the no food thing was a real shocker. No crescent rolls, no cream cheese, no marshmallows. I'll send Kevin tomorrow to all the other stores in the area. He is much more patient than I. One of the reasons I wait to shop for gifts until the last minute is that I'm horrible about keeping gifts a secret. I get so excited about the gifts, I can hardly wait to give them. I am so excited for Christmas morning. I can't wait to see the girls faces light up when they see the presents under the tree. I would almost say the excitement is equal to when I was a kid and a receiver of the Santa presents. If you knew me when I was a kid, you know that's pretty excited. I believed in Santa until I was like 15! The girls really didn't have any major requests this year. They just kept saying "Santa knows what we want." He'll just surprise us. They're pretty easy to please at this point in their lives, so that makes shopping for them that much more fun. The only consistent request I got was that of a "real" hippopatamus from Londyn. I used to think that song was cute, never thinking it would encourage my child to actually expect one for Christmas.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I think you described Christmas pefectly. I am so excited that it is almost here but sad that it's almost gone. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Brooke said...

Leave it to Londyn to decide she wants a hippopatamus! She pays far too much attention to the words of songs already! Love you all, Merry Christmas.

Melissa said...

How funny! Ashlyn told us that she just knew that she would get a hippo for Christmas too! Thank goodness for Kohl's cute $5 stuffed animals...they actually had a hippo!