Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookies, Cocoa, and Christmas Stories

I had today off due to ice, but the girls went to school anyway. They have a play tomorrow, and Skylar felt she needed to be there to practice. However, I did pick them up early and make them some hot cocoa and let them eat some cookies. I love making homeade hot chocolate at this time of year. Add a little whipped topping, and I can't think of anything better. I also enjoyed the girls reading me their versions of a couple of our Christmas books before bed. We have quite the selection of Christmas books, so we try to read some every evening between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Tonight was slightly different in that they wanted to read the story, and I was just to listen. My sister buys them a Christmas book every year, and I know it is something they will always treasure as one day they can read the same stories to their kids. Christmas stories never grow old.


2 comments:

Grandma Del said...

Your cocoa and cookies look good Looks like the girls are enjoying them.

Brooke said...

I think I want a snow day, some cookies and some cocoa as well. I miss my days at home with my sweet little girl! Maybe someday I won't have to work throughout the holidays!