Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fa La La La La...........

Yesterday we celebrated our first of several Christmases. I once again apologize for the excessive pictures. I love them, take millions, and struggle to narrow them down. Anyway, we celebrated with my immediate family as well as with the Holt side of the family. It was a very exciting evening full of fun and laughter............. for most of us. This is the Christmas Cardinal that provided some entertainment for the evening. We were all sitting around playing games, and this bird flew in the back door as someone opened it. It headed straight for the garland on the mantel. We were all up chasing it around, as if we had a plan in place for this sort of situation. It ended up in the Christmas tree. Kevin and Talon were chasing it around with boxes. I'm not sure what their game plan was, but they we putting forth their best effort. My dad ended up grabbing it out of the tree and releasing it back outside. What a lovely surprise. Beautiful and entertaining, what more could one expect from a holiday gathering?
A little Chinese checkers.
An intense game of boggle. There were a few heated moments, but I think we were all getting along by the time the evening had ended.
This is my cousin Heather and her fiance Talon that shared Christmas with us this year. Congratulations on the engagement by the way!
We of course couldn't leave out this little doll. I'm sure Anastyn didn't know much about what was going on, but she still appeared to be having a great time. She got to eat paper and experiment with new bows in her hair.
Alexis and the girls cuddling before the gift opening ceremony.
All of us girls in our aprons made by my mother of course. I am so thrilled to finally have one of my own!
While my girls were staying with my parents after Thanksgiving, they apparently spent a great deal of time playing office, computing, and talking on the phone. Most of which involved them stealing my mom's glasses. So, one of the gifts my mom got this year was a box that included a calculator, glasses, and a few other things that I can't remember right now. It was a big hit. They both love their "glasses". Skylar is especially proud that she looks so much older.

That's the end for now with much more to come. I just can't say enough about how much fun I have and how great it is to be together with our family. I usually laugh until I cry, reminisce about old times, play games, get upset about something, but ALWAYS have a great time. There is just such a wonderful, peaceful feeling when we are all together just hanging out and it gets better every year as there are more kids to enjoy and an added family member or two. Once again, I hope you and yours are or will be enjoying your Christmas celebrations with your families. I just love this time of year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwww misss this so much!!!love you sorry im so sassy