Thursday, July 31, 2008

These Are the Best Days

I absolutely love everything about my life right now, we have been so unbelievably blessed. I often get caught up with the little frustrations of life like; Londyn wetting her pants on the way to VBS because she was laughing too hard and having to drive her all the way home and back, Londyn breaking the bowl that I just told her 3 times not to touch, my house being a mess, the laundry covering the floor, gaining weight, broken windshields, and on and on....., but when I stop for a brief moment, and think about things, I either end up with a huge smile or am trying to fight back tears of joy, gratitude and disbelief. I know these are the best days, and I hope they only keep getting better. I pray that I don't forget what it feels like right now, time goes by so fast, and if you know me, you know that my memory just stinks. I hope I don't forget the sounds of laughter as my girls chase each other around the yard, the pajama dance parties that entertain us for hours, the bedtime songs and prayers, the silly faces, and all the other things that bring a smile to my face at this stage of our lives.
(Ok, so that is my sentimental post for the year, I had to write fast, or the frustration of my girls running through the house screaming may have ruined the moment.)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I like this post, Devin. And I bet you were fighting back tears thinking about their laughter, pajama parties, etc. You are so blessed, (as am I) with such a wonderful, beautiful family. And I will have you know, I am so glad we are sisters! Love you dearly!!