Saturday, July 26, 2008

"It's From God"

Londyn is my most challenging child, but can also be the sweetest. We always say that life would just be too easy and boring without her. Which last night, she had a sweet moment, so I thought it would be nice of me to document it. And can you believe it, no pictures this time. Anyway, last night I was cleaning up the girls' room. I was babysitting for one of their friends this week and one of their favorite things to was to dress up in princess dresses as well as their regular clothes. Funny thing, none of those clothes managed to get put away, despite my efforts. Some of it was my fault because I had left clothes in laundry baskets because I was too lazy to fold them. (I know those of you who actually know me and my habits find that completely shocking, right?) So, for the first time in about a week, the girls could see their bedroom floor and their beds were made. When I sent Londyn to bed, she found a penny that I had apparently forgotten to pick up. She runs into the living room with her penny and most excited voice and says "Mommy, there's money in my bed! It's from God, he really gave it to me!" She was in complete and total awe that God left a penny in her bed, just for her.
(After reading through the story, I realized that I've managed to drag a one liner into a lot of lines, sorry about that. Just imagine if you had to sit around and listen to me talk on a regular basis, my poor family.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story!! I love how kids' minds think.