Sunday, July 13, 2008

Girls Night Out

Thankfully, my friend Shannon had a birthday to celebrate, so I got to spend the evening enjoying cheese and chocolate fondue with some of my good friends. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly that the girls were at my parents, Kevin had a recruiting event, and I got to enjoy a girls night out. It was really great to catch up with everyone, and I think we need not wait for another birthday to do it again. It works out especially well for me you see, because I am friends with some of the smartest people around. Shannon, my engineering friend can help me with my front yard drainage problems, Heather the therapist can talk me through my issues, and Tara the accountant can figure out the best way to divvy up the bill. I really don't have much to offer the group, but I'm thankful they include me anyway. Happy Birthday Shannon! Thanks for letting me enjoy it with you. Me, Shannon, Heather, and Tara at The Melting Pot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just finished catching up on all your June and July posts. It looks like you all have had a lovely summer so far!!

Congrats on becoming an aunt. Baby Anastyn (love the name!) is so cute and adorable. I know you are proud!

Your new camera takes great pics. When I grow up I want to get a better camera as well. The "good" one we bought about a year ago just hasn't lived up to my expectations. Keep all the pics coming -- they are always cute!

Sounds like you and the girls had a great night at The Melting Pot. I was just craving that place the other day. Mmmmm. You had me cracking up with your descriptions about Heather, Shannon and Tara. And don't sell yourself short. You definitely bring something to the table. Besides being very smart yourself, you are the group historian. See, it pays to take lots of pics and blog about your life. :)