Thursday, December 29, 2011

Santa Came!

I always assumed that when I had a family of my own, we would be home for Christmas, the kids would wake up to presents under the tree left by Santa every Christmas morning. I've conceded to the fact that we are not going to be home on Christmas day, and this year was no different. Our families just live too far away, and travel is always a part of our holiday plans. This year included less travel than usual, but still, with it falling on a Sunday, it just didn't make sense or work out that we would be at our house Christmas morning. It kind of makes me sad that our little family has no real traditions of our own, but I guess that's life when you live away from both sides of your family. Anyway, we asked Santa by special request to stop in early. Thankfully, he obliged. Lincoln was far more excited the night before to open presents, apparently he's more of a night owl, but he did like a few of his surprises once he warmed up to the early morning craziness.




His favorite thing about the morning was the mass number of candy canes that could be found in stockings and around the house.





Kevin was quite excited about all of Lincoln's gifts, and couldn't wait to show Lincoln how to use his race track for the 800 hot wheels he thought he needed for Christmas. I also found a few unopened cars that Kevin saved for himself. I really don't get it, grown men and their toys, but I think Kevin may actually be excited about Christmas for the next few years.


post signature

No comments: