Monday, December 5, 2011

Tis the Season

Well, Christmastime is officially here! The weekend before Thanksgiving, we cracked open the holiday bins and decorated our tree. The kids were excited to dig through all the Christmas stuff, they especially loved the headgear that they came across as they were rummaging through everything. We had a wonderful evening that started with everyone's favorite, breakfast for dinner followed by a little tree trimming, and of course, hot chocolate!





Deer in the headlights!





Lincoln LOVED decorating the tree, and was a very active participant. It did take a bit of training for him to understand that even though some of the ornaments looked like a ball, that you don't throw them onto the tree. After the first few, I tried to encourage him to hang the starts and other odd shaped ornaments.




Lincoln enjoying his "coffee" after all his hard work. I am really looking forward to Christmas with him this year. Well, with all of them of course, but you know what I mean. He's really getting into it, and loves Christmas lights, Santa and just about everything else Christmas! He's constantly excited about all of the festivities going on around him. I hope the start of your December and Christmas season is going well! It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I'm also proud to say that my Christmas tree doesn't have a waistline this year. If you remember my idiocracy last year! One thing about me is that most of the time, I feel like I can learn from my mistakes. Lucky for me, I have lots of learning opportunities! Anyway, this year, we eliminated the bottom piece, so it worked out a lot better.

1 comment:

Alice said...

boys! Colton was doing the same thing with the ornaments..."oh ball" and then proceeding to throw them all over the house :-)