Sunday, May 31, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Take me out the crowd, buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks and pretzels and sno cones and pepsi and hot dogs and chips ....... You get the idea. Of course the best part of any sporting event is the food. As soon as we walked into the stadium Londyn commented on how she loved the smell. So much like their mother, it's sad really.
Trying to take advantage of the amazing weather we're having, we went to the Drillers game Saturday night. We showed up in about the 5th inning as not to have to sit forever and still be able to enjoy the fireworks, or so we thought. When we got there, the score was like 9 to 2. I thought it would be a quick game. Wishful thinking. In the 7th inning, the other team scored 7 runs and tied the game, ridiculous! We ended up staying for 2 extra innings, but by 10:30, I couldn't take anymore, so we headed home. Londyn was extremely disappointed to have to miss the fireworks, but overall, we had a great time!

This is Skylar and Londyn refusing to look normal while I try to take a picture of them in front of the field. I could barely get them to stand near each other, and Londyn has quite a habit of looking away from the camera. I'm not sure what that's all about. Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying your summer days and nights so far!

post signature

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i loved the beginning of the post...so funny. i fear camden is already following in my footsteps in the eating category. poor guy.

Melinda said...

You guys do more fun stuff as a family...would you like to adopt me?! : )