Friday, May 29, 2009

The Zoo

So, there are no actual zoo animals in any of these photos, but blogger was giving me fits. It wouldn't let me upload any of the pics that I selected. Anyway, last Monday, the celebratory day off, Kevin had to work so the girls and I headed to the zoo. Apparently every other Tulsan had the same idea because it was a little crowded. It was a beautiful day, a little warm, but nice. I refused to take the stroller because I think they are too old to be riding in a stroller around the zoo, but I also knew that there was no way I was going to be able to carry them if they got tired. We resorted to renting a wagon which was not my best idea. At first, it wasn't too bad, and it worked for holding my purse and camera. They thought it was fun to pull each other, so this was fun while it lasted. When it came time for me to pull them both, we were slow moving. A pregant lady pulling both girls in 90 degree heat was not a pretty sight. We took many breaks!
I think it's funny that with all of the intersting animals at the zoo, the girls never cease to be amazed by the turtles. They would have been okay to stay and look at the turtles in the pond all day.
When they asked to ride the train, I was thrilled! I'm not always so easy to persuade, but in my current state, any chance to sit down and relax, I'll take it! I'm sure there will be several summer zoo pics since we have our season pass and it's a fun, easy excursion, at least until it gets too hot.
On another note, I need help reducing the size of my photos so I can load them more easily. Does anyone know how to do that? If so, please comment and help me out. Thanks!



post signature

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I was laughing my whole way through this post. I can just see poor, pregnant you pulling those girls around! I am glad you got to rest on the train ride! We went to the zoo on Sunday and it was very busy as well. I still need to post those pics too!

Portlandia said...

You can change the size of pictures your camera takes.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Devin- your girls are so cute! I know what you mean about deciding between stroller/wagon/walking. It's tough. Tulsa zoo has OKC's elephants. Do you know if they are pregnant yet? We really miss them! :)