Monday, October 27, 2008

Nail Polish, Suede Boots, Restraint....

On Fall Break, I enjoyed a little shopping and made what I believed to be an excellent purchase. I bought some flat black suede slouchy boots. They were perfect to wear to work because they look dressy enough to wear with skirts and comfy dresses, but were also very comfortable. This evening, I stopped by the salon to get my bushy eyebrows waxed and had the girls with me, so I told them they could get their nails painted while we were there. As we were browsing the colors, Londyn picked out orange which I agreed would be a very appropriate color for the upcoming holiday. I made the mistake of handing her the paint, while I picked out my color. Within seconds, she had dropped the bottle of orange nail polish on the tile floor. It splattered everywhere, on the floor, on the shelves, on everyone's nail care kits, and most unfortunately on my new favorite boots. I was proud of the fact that I did not yell, not even that under your breath kind of yell. I didn't scold her, and let her know how upset I was about the loss of my new boots. (for those of you that know me know how difficult this may have been to hold back my immense frustration)I calmy told her we would get her nails painted another day, and she appropriately said "OK". Bless the child's heart, she is the sweetest thing in the world, but very careless and clumsy. I am still however very saddened by the fact that my boots are ruined unless one of you has a miraculous way to remove nail polish from suede. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I am so sorry about your boots and so impressed with your restraint. You make me feel like a horrible mother because I probably would have lost it (not then, but most likely once we got in the car) : )

As for your boots...you should call a professional dry cleaning place, they could probably either give you tips or maybe fix it themselves. Other than that - I have no idea.