Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Fave Fall Recipe

I'm not a recipe poster mainly because I don't cook much, but I just ate leftovers from Thursday night and was reminded how much I love this recipe, especially in autumn. So, I thought I would share it with you. For me to cook anything at all, it has to be super quick and easy. So, my favorite cookbook is my Taste of Home 5-Ingredient Cookbook. My favorite Fall recipe is Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing.

Ingredients:
6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 package (6 ounces) crushed stuffing mix
1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon

In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions. Spread pie filling into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-inch. baking dish. Place the pork chops on top: spoon stuffing over chops.

Cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160.

4 comments:

The McDowells said...

I love Taste of Home and get it in the mail. I will have to try this recipe, sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

I saw this same recipe in the Kraft magazine recently and made it for Jon and I. We LOVED it!! It's definitely going to be a regular meal at our house, especially in the fall.

Melinda said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

Karen Hathaway said...

Isn't that recipe book the best??? I haven't tried this one yet...I'll have to add it to my list:)