Friday, October 10, 2008

Farm Day

So, today was Farm Day at the girls' school. Last night, I started to gather some clothes for the occasion. Four hours, ten stores and a lot of money later, we have two happy girls ready for Farm Day!
2 huge pink princess cowgirl hats..........$20
2 pink plaid western shirts............$45
1 pair of cowgirl boots.....................$22
1 pair of hand-me-down boots......(thank heavens)
The feeling of being an adequate mother that actually remembered it was farm day, dressed her children accordingly and even remembered to send them with a sack lunch.........PRICELESS!
Notice that Skylar had to have her shirt tied in a knot over a tank before she would agree to wear it. She wanted the boots and hat, but wasn't sure about the shirt. She now loves it and can't wait to wear it again.


Yes, I know this is a little outrageous, however, they have dress up days about once a month and we usually do not participate because I forget or don't have time to creatively get something together. So, I decided that surely I can come up with something westernish. Not as easy as I thought, but we managed. Seriously, we live in Oklahoma, you would think that finding little girls cowgirl attire would be a simple thing. I must just not know where to look. Anyway, they LOVE their cowgirl clothes and you will be seeing many posts of them in these farm clothes as they WILL be getting good use of them this fall season. We may be declaring farm day at least once a week for the next couple of months.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

How cute are they?! Playing dress up is one aspect of not having girls that I really miss.

BTW - love the new banner and blog decor.

Brooke said...

I love, love, love the outfits! Where did Skylar learn to tie her shirt in a knot? That cracks me up! I am glad she decided she liked it in the end. They are so precious Devin! Love you all!

Jessica said...

So cute...good effort on the cowgirl clothes!

Grandma Del said...

The girls make beautiful little cowgirls. There outfits are so cute,good job.

Lesley said...

they are too cute! love the blog decor too!!!