Monday, October 13, 2008

My Greatest Weakness.......

That would be chocolate chip cookies. I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, and I LOVE to make chocolate chip cookies, because what I LOVE the most is the dough. When we make cookies, I eat enough dough to make myself sick every single time. I just can't stop myself. Then, by the next day, I will have eaten nearly all of the cookies. It's pathetic really. I'm pretty sure I've passed down that horrible weakness down to my children. I actually was off today because Londyn has been coughing for three weeks, and it sounded so bad this morning I thought I'd better take her to the doctor. She doesn't feel bad, just allergy stuff and the beginning of pneumonia. So, we were prescribed lots of meds and lots of rest. Anyway, that was the only reason I had the energy to spend the evening making cookies with the girls. They love to help bake, but I'm always in too much of a hurry to let them. It was a lot of fun, the girls were very cooperative and took turns. They even cracked the eggs themselves and left no shells, they were very proud! Please know that if I were to ever bring chocolate chip cookies to you that I would not allow my sick daughter to help, and I would not allow them to eat off of the spoon and continue to stick their saliva covered hands back into the bowl. However, when we're baking just for fun it's completely unsanitary, and I hope that doesn't gross you out. I also have to point out the girls' aprons. I think they are the cutest things ever. My mom made them for the girls a couple of years ago for Christmas along with a table cloth and place mats for their little kitchen. There's nothing better than getting to spend time in the kitchen and look cute doing it!






5 comments:

Jessica said...

I too have a cookie dough addiction!

Melinda said...

Cookies are my biggest weakness as well. And those aprons are adorable!

Grandma Del said...

Grandpa Jack really liked cookie dough also. It looks like you are having fun.

Brooke said...

The first picture could be you and me when we were little. Skylar always looks like you, but especially in this picture! WoW!They look like professional little bakers! Maybe they can help me out with my Pampered Chef business! :) Can't wait to see you all this weekend! Love you!

Devin said...

Brooke, I think it's funny you said that about that picture. I thought the same thing, I almost made a comment about it under the photo. Everyone always says she looks like me, but I totally saw it in that picture.