Thursday, July 14, 2011

Meramec Caverns and Cards Game

Following the 4th, we spent the week in Missouri. There are always more things on my to do list than I have time for, but we did manage to get in an excursion or two while we were visiting. Tuesday, we started the day off with a stop at Meramec Caverns. For those of you non Missourians, MO is also known as the cave state, and Meramec Caverns is supposedly one of Jesse James' hideouts. If you've traveled on 44 through MO, you couldn't have missed the signs. Kevin has driven past those signs for about 13 years now, but we've never visited, so this was his pick of destinations for the week. I did get a few pictures inside the cave, but I felt kind of rushed and didn't want to hold up the line. I'm just posting ones with people in them. (as if you aren't tired of seeing pictures of us!) The grandparents and the girls at the entrance

Our family pic inside the cave

Kev, Dad and Mom leaving the wine room (I think that's what it's called..)

After the cave tour, we took a little boat tour of the river. Overall, it was a pretty fun little outing. I thought it was a little overpriced, but interesting nonetheless.

Me forcing my dad to smile while taking a picture with me so I have a picture to post when father's day rolls around next year:)


After we went to the caverns, we sent Lincoln home with my parents and we headed to St. Louis for the Cardinals game. I am always terrible about knowing what to get Kevin for his birthday and father's day, but I wanted to surprise him with something. So, I got him tickets to the Cardinals game. Unfortunately, this was the best picture we came away with. Overall, a great day!

post signature

No comments: