Thursday, September 11, 2008

Who Shot Elvis?

I was teaching a group of third grade gifted students yesterday. We had finished our lesson, and the students were working quietly at their desks. Our unit theme this year is the decades, so I was letting them listen to some 50's music as they worked. As I was perusing the room, I overheard a table of boys talking about Elvis. The first boy said"Did you know Elvis drank too much and died?" The second boy said, "No he didn't, he got shot at a concert." The next boy at the table said, "Oh yeah, that's right, he got shot by John Wilkes Booth." That ended the conversation. They all nodded in agreement and continued working, as if it were a completely obvious statement.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That's funny. I love that they all ended in agreement. I guess they made his death just a little more interesting.

Melinda said...

What are you teaching (or rather not teaching) kids in school these days? : )