Monday, September 1, 2008

Invitations

Part of my weekend agenda was to get invitations to send out for Skylar's birthday party. I found some really cute ones last weekend that were shaped like pj's, but when I went to order them, I realized shipping alone was going to cost $9.00. I was only ordering like 12 invitations. I thought that was a little absurd. I looked at Hobby Lobby and a few other places, but found nothing I liked. I was also cutting it close time wise to order something else online. I'm not a creative or crafty kind of person, but I decided to try to make them myself anyway. I think they turned out okay. I couldn't put as much wording as I would have liked, but I think the main points are covered. She wanted a pajama party and a zebra cake like mine, so I thought her in her zebra pj's would be appropriate for the invite. More importantly, I saved myself about $30!

7 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Great job!! That is so cute! Is it just a 4x6 picture?

Devin said...

Yes, but I had it printed at Kinkos on cardstock in a 3.5 x 5.5 size to make it look more invitation like. I was also able to print more per page that way.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the invitations and the pajama theme! Super cute!!!

Melinda said...

Sooo cute! Great job.

Jessica said...

Those are adorable! Seems like that would be a cheaper way to go for Christmas picture cards too? What site did you use...picnik?

Brooke said...

The invitations are super cute! That is a great picture of Skylar too. I am very impressed! love you.

Devin said...

Jessica-good thinking on the holiday cards! Yes, I used picnik. Thanks for telling me about it, I use it all the time.