Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Suppose I'm It

I was tagged by Melinda to list six random things about myself which is something very out of my comfort zone, but I wouldn't want to let anyone down and I have absolutely nothing else to blog about, so here it goes:

1. I have absolutely zero rhythm or musical inclination of any kind. I can't sing, dance, sway or even clap to music. It has caused me many embarrassing moments throughout my life, but I've learned to cope.
2. I can eat more than anyone I know, and I can do it quickly. I'm an obese person in an average size body. When we sit down to dinner, I am always the first person done. The comments that my children make at the dinner table are "Mommy always has a happy plate", "Why does mommy always win", and "Mommy you are the hungry monster". It's not even so bad at home, but when you go out with other adults, and you have completed your meal and everyone else is just getting started, it's a little awkward.
3. I drink gallons of liquid a day. I have to have something to drink all day long. It ranges from Diet Dr. Pepper, water, crystal light, etc. All zero calorie drinks of course, but I like to have something in my hand every minute of the day. I've just recently recognized that everyone else in the world doesn't do this.
4. I'm horribly unphotogenic, and I don't like most photos of myself. I have actually destroyed many pictures from my growing up years because of how awful they were. There are virtually no pictures of me from about third through seventh grade. Now, thanks to the digital age, I can take hundreds and usually find one or two that I'm satisfied with.
5. I am obsessed with taking photos of everything. My family gets quite irritated that I make them pose for photos every time we are together. I know they'll thank me someday for documenting our lives.
6. I have major committment issues in the way that I can't break them. If I have said I'm going to do something, I go to the ends of the earth to follow through. If I can't or know I shouldn't, it causes me great distress. I do this even about things that are not important and that no one would acutally care about.

Well, there you go, six random things about me. That was tough. I started out not being able to think of enough. Then, once I got going I began to realize how weird I really am, I had a hard time narrowing them down! Anyway, I think I'm supposed to tag six more people. I'm not sure how to link them, but I'm going to try. The lucky winners are: Brooke L., Erin H., Faith , Shannon K , Jessica L., Tammy W.

5 comments:

Grandma Del said...

Devin, I hate to tell you this but I think you are a lot like me. I am done eating before any one else gets started.

Jessica said...

Well I hear you on number 1 and 2...I too have absolutely no rhythm and can eat with the best of them. However, I believe number 4 to be false...all of your pictures are always great on your blog. If you're unphotogenic, you do a good job of picking out good ones of yourself.

Devin said...

Jessica-thanks for your comment, but there is definitely a screening process. For every good picture, there are probably at least 20 bad ones.

Anonymous said...

So, I have always wondered who I am most like in my family... and I think it is you. The only thing I don't do is take a lot of pictures... but I think I would if I had a good camera... Just thought you would like to know you are not alone :)

Melinda said...

Unphotogenic?! You are crazy!