Saturday, September 13, 2008

Parents of the Year

In the photos below, it looks like everyone is having a good time at our family dance party. We were exposing our children to the music of Michael Jackson. We've had many living room dance parties, and none have ever ended with injury. I'll just say, when they say that you shouldn't swing your child around by their arms, it's true. At one point, Londyn wanted us to swing her, so Kevin grabbed her arms and I grabbed her ankles, and we were swinging her back and forth. Seemed innocent enough. When we were done with her, Skylar took her turn. It didn't take long to recognize that Londyn was acting hurt. She is a bit dramatic,so we didn't give it much thought. I went back to work for a while, and Kevin called and said that Londyn was still wailing about her arm hurting. I told him she would be ok, but to make her feel cared for. So, he wrapped a dish towel around her arm, gave her some tylenol, and put her in our bed. When I got home she was sleeping, but her arm was as stiff as a board. Even upon waking up, she wouldn't move, and cried if you touched her arm. We figured she wasn't faking and that we should take her to the doctor. Sure enough, we had pulled her elbow slightly out of place. The doctor popped it back in, and she was fine. The pain vanished immediately. I am thankful it was just a minor injury, and was easily taken care of, but it still makes you a little uneasy telling your physician that you pulled your child's arm out of socket having a dance party in your living room.



5 comments:

The McDowells said...

Cute pictures, it looks like you guys were having lots of fun! We have done that to Macy's arm before too. The doctor tried to make me feel better by telling me it is incredible common in little kids.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that other families have dance parties too. DJ thinks I am absolutely insane. He just usually sits and laughs at us. Addi and I have a great time though.

ME said...

Your girls are so cute!!! Looks like you all have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with Michael Jackson! Jon turns on M.J. every now and then and dances around the house. I guess we'll add Paxton to the dance party in a few months. :)

I'm glad Londyn's arm is better!

Melinda said...

I love that you guys have dance parties! That is so cute!