Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Five Already?

As I start to write this happy little post about the last 5 years, I'm struggling to fight back the tears. You know when you have kids that they will bring joy to your life, but I don't think you can ever fully comprehend the depth of that joy until you experience it. In some ways it seems like an eternity ago that she was this tiny little thing that I had no idea what to do with. In other ways it seems like it was just yesterday. I know we are always told how fast time flies, and it most certainly does. At each new milestone, I always think, this is the best. I never think it can get better than it is at that particular moment, and I never cease to be amazed that it does. It's been amazing to watch her grow and her little personality develop into an independent little girl. We are truly blessed with an amazing gift.

So, all that to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYLAR! We love you! Skylar's hospital picture at one day old.
Skylar on her 1st birthday. This party was a pink poodle party. At the time she liked dogs, but I wanted something a little more feminine so we went with the french poodle theme. I think this one may have been my favorite, especially the cake.

Skylar at her 2nd birthday party, which was a purse party. I remember she was obsessed with all things girly from the very beginning, especially with purses.
Skylar cheesin' it up in her princess convertible on her 3rd birthday which was a princess jumping party.

Skylar on her 4th birthday at her Princess Tea Party.

Skylar at her 5th birthday party that you are probably tired of reading about.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Hard to believe, she's growing so fast!

Brooke said...

I remember all of those birthdays, and they were great fun! Time really does fly and she has grown into such a beautiful, sweet, smart little girl, that we all love so dearly! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Sniff, Sniff....I'm right there with you. It's so hard to believe. You said it all beautifully. And, I must add that you have a beautiful little girl.

Grandma Del said...

I can't believe she is five already. Love those girls dearly. Also had a great time at her party. Love all of you.