Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bookworms

Today was the day, the girls finished the summer reading program and were awarded their prizes for reading 20 books and making 4 visits to the library! You would have thought they won the lottery. I swear these girls will do anything for a prize. We attempted this program last year, but were gone so much, and I'm slightly lazy when it comes to this sort of thing, so we never finished. For being a teacher, I'm pretty pathetic at encouraging the library. We have TONS of books at home because I started buying books in college for my classroom. Therefore, the thought of going to check out books and having to keep up with them for a week or two didn't appeal to me. (How lazy is that?) Anyway, I'm trying to be better, so we actually made regular visits to the library this year, returning all borrowed books, filling out the appropriate forms and officially completing the summer reading program! Who wouldn't be elated by a blow up crayon (which Skylar blew up herself) , medal and coupon book?

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember doing the summer reading program at the library when I was younger. The prizes were definitely the reason I read the books! :)