Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer Nights

I love summer evenings, especially when we're all home together. This picture is to document the first meal we've had at home in forever, like a month. Since we put our house on the market, school was coming to an end, and Kevin was working endless hours, we've eaten a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs, and that's not counting the fast food we've grabbed. The other night, I'm pretty sure the girls actually had cheetos and oreos for dinner. It was nice to have a real meal, especially since it's grilling season. Thanks to my grandma for the delicious ribeyes! They were amazing!
So simple, but after we eat, I always love taking a walk around the neighborhood. It gives Kevin and I chance to talk and the girls to "bond". They're getting a little big for the wagon and would prefer to walk or ride their bikes, but it's much easier when they're contained. I hope you're enjoying your summer nights!

post signature

4 comments:

Grandma Del said...

Those steaks look sooo good. I had one last night and they are good. My meal didn't look as good as yours.

Jessica said...

I love summer nights too...especially when you're on summer break from teaching. Every night feels like a vacation when you don't have to work.

Devin said...

Jessica, that is so true. I'm so much more relaxed in the summers.

Tammy said...

Agree, I love it as well. June is especially a great month for taking walks, and just enjoying the outdoors, not to mention a nice change from the hustle and bustle of school. I keep thinking we better enjoy every minute before the July heat sets in.