Sunday, June 8, 2008

Luau






My friend Kyler and I decided a while back that it would be fun to host a Luau for our Bible class. So, last Saturday night, that's just what we did. We prepared shrimp and chicken kabobs as well as vegetable kabobs, served with pasta salad, tons of fruit, pineapple salsa w/chips and fruit pizza for dessert. My friend Faith also has a great slush punch recipe that we served with dessert. It was a little crazy trying to get everything done, but it worked out perfectly. I think everyone had a good time, and we got to meet and visit with some couples that we didn't know very well, so that was nice.
I was probably not very smart by hosting a party around a pool but not allowing swimming. My friend Janie has the most incredible backyard, and I thought it would be perfect for the party. However, I didn't want to deal with swimming, I just wanted the atmosphere. I still think the kids had a good time. They played with waterguns, blew bubbles, and played Skylar's favorite, limbo. The girls had quite a good time playing with all their friends. We were there early to set up, so they were looking pretty wild by the time the party started. They had torn up their leis and their hair had completely fallen, but I still think they looked pretty cute.




























No comments: