Monday, June 9, 2008

I Can Do It Myself!!


As most children do, the girls are becoming increasingly independent. They are always wanting to do things themselves. It is difficult to decide what to do in these situations. You want them to be self-sufficient, but it's so much easier just to do things for them than it is to teach them how sometimes. (That sounds bad I know, but you know what I mean.) In the summers, I'm usually a little more relaxed about this sort of thing, so the other day when Londyn woke up and begged to make her own breakfast, I gave in. Helping out in the kitchen is one of their favorite activities around the house, and I really had no good reason to say no. So, here are a few shots of the kiddos giving it their best shot to make toast with peanut butter and jelly. They actually did quite well, but after all the effort it took, they must have been too tired to eat it:) I think they each took about two bites. By the time breakfast was over, Londyn had jelly from head to toe, and all over everything in the kitchen. From start to finish breakfast took about an hour that day, but I'm sure it was a valuable learning experience. (That's what I have to keep telling myself anyway.) They were both quited proud of their PB&J creations.

No comments: