Saturday, February 12, 2011

The End

Well, my two week hiatus of sleeping in, sitting around in pajamas and sweatpants, eating cookies, drinking hot chocolate by the fire, staying up late watching movies, playing with the kids, etc is coming to an end. I am beginning to feel the pressure to begin getting things prepared for a normal week. I have to say, that for the first time in a very long time I actually felt like I had a break, a real break. For a short time, our little world seemed to stop, or at least slow down a lot, in a very happy place. Nowhere to be, no one expecting anything, just us hanging out. I thoroughly enjoyed the lack of schedules and activities, just the luxury of a little down time with my favorite people. This time of year is usually quite challenging because of Kevin's busy season, so it was so nice to have him home with us for several days as well. For our family, this blizzard was a true blessing and a perfect reminder of who is in control.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I am glad you enjoyed your time off. I bet your kids had a wonderful time getting to spend so much quality time with their parents. It sounds like you had a blast! Have a good week!