Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blizzard-Day 2

Well, it was a fairly uneventful day, and we didn't really do much, but it was a nice day. I did realize that we were very well prepared for this storm... for two whole days. The problem is that it looks like it's going to be a little longer than that. It is amazing how much food we can go through when we are all here all day. This is the view from our back door. The snow drifted over the kids picnic table in the back.
I tried to make Londyn sit down and write some thank you cards from her birthday. That didn't end so well, and she didn't get much done. We'll try again today, and then I'll probably give up. If you came to her birthday, please know she's thankful!

Lincoln loves to read books, so we spent some time today entertaining him with books. It's funny though, he doesn't really let me read to him anymore. He steals the books away and flips through the pages himself and makes some noises and then slaps the book shut and claps. It's pretty cute.

We, of course, had to have hot chocolate again by the fireplace. I think this is the girls single most favorite thing to do. It cracks me up.

I cleaned my kitchen. One of the things that drives me crazy about all of us being home is the extreme difficulty of keeping the kitchen clean. It's breakfast, clean, lunch, clean, dinner, clean, and in between, all I seem to want to do is bake. It was completely free of food stuck to Lincoln's chair and the mess surrounding him on the floor, free of countertop clutter, and milk splatters on the cabinets. I really enjoyed it for about 3.7 seconds and then it all began again!

post signature

No comments: