Thursday, May 22, 2008

California Road Trip-Day 1

This is day one of our insane two week driving trip. It's sure to be fun, but the thought of driving across the country with a 3 and 4 year old seems a little crazy. It will be broken up, but out of 12 days, 6 will be primarily driving. We left at about 4:00am which was ahead of schedule. We were fully stocked on drinks and snacks and ready to roll. We have stopped in Gallup, New Mexico for the evening to swim and enjoy a blizzard. In case you care, I'm going to go through our tentative plan for the trip. If you don't, just scroll down and look at the pics:) We will leave early in the morning and stop in Tehachapi, CA tomorrow evening to visit Kevin's aunt Karen. We will then leave Saturday morning and spend the Memorial Day holiday weekend in San Jose with our friends Rick and Rebecca. We will visit our old church and hopefully have lunch with them. We're going to take a couple of day trips, one to San Francisco, and one to Monterey. Then, we will leave and head to Disneyland and be joined by Kevin's sister and parents. We will spend two days there and then head to Kevin's aunt's beach house for the weekend. For the final stop on our trip, we will be back in Tehachapi and spend a day or two with the Collier families. Then it's on the road again back to OK. I'm excited to see everyone and do everything, but it also exhausts me just thinking about it. Anyway, that's the plan, I'll post more pictures when I can. I've attached a few below in random order of our first day on the road.
As we were swimming, this is the view from the indoor pool. If you can't tell, it's snowing, that's right, SNOWING! I did bring jackets for us all, but I definately didn't pack for snow. That's just crazy.
Kevin and the girls swimming in the hotel pool. What a good dad!
Thankfully both girls fell asleep at about the same time. They are really good travelers, but when you're tired and they're tired but refuse to sleep it can get a little tense.


This is what we were waiting for most of the day. We left our house this morning at about 4:10am thinking the girls would sleep for the first few hours. Londyn didn't stop talking until she finally fell asleep around 1:30 this afternoon. She was completely wearing me out.

This is what the girls were like most of the day in the car. They were pretty excited. They couldn't wait to get "there". I'm sure they don't where "there" is, but happy to be going somewhere.




Skylar packing for our two week vacation. While I was getting my haircut, she actually packed everything I had layed out into a bag. It was cute, a little inconvenient considering I had to unpack and repack it all, but cute.





2 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Devin! Skylar looks just like you! There are beautiful girls!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you arrived safely this evening. I keep laughing everytime I think about Londyn talking all morning. They definitely look like they conked out though, with their heads back and mouths open! I also love the bathtub hairstyles pic! I hope you are all having a great time! Give the girls a big hug and kiss from their Aunt Erin. Love you and be careful!