Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Year, New School

Well, the girls went back to school today after a very long summer break! They were a little apprehensive about starting a new school, but after they met their teachers the other night, they were both eager and ready to go! It was also a first for me to walk them to school and walk them home. It was wonderful. It was so great to have a relaxed week in preparation for a new year rather than a completely hectic one as I am usually preparing my classroom for a new group of students. They both had a super first day, and are already looking forward to tomorrow! I am so thankful for the great schools in our area, and for kids that LOVE to learn. It makes the school experience so much easier on the mom. I tried to take a picture of the girls together, but of course, Lincoln did not want to be left out.

Skylar ready to go to 2nd grade with no hesitation at all!


Londyn ready for 1st grade, but a little less confident about her new adventure, but I'm sure she'll come around.

No comments: