Wednesday, August 24, 2011

MO State Fair

The girls and I spent our last weekend before school started in Missouri visiting my parents. We had made plans earlier in the summer to come back for the fair since school started so much later this year. Kevin and Lincoln were supposed to come too, but due to his car breaking down and some work he needed to get done, they weren't able to come. Not that I wouldn't have loved for them to be wtih us, it was really niced spending the weekend with my girls and my parents. Friday night, my mom made me and my sister-in-law, Kesha, dinner for our birthday and some delicious desserts. Then, Saturday we headed to the fair. The fair was great, but my favorite part is riding in the car visiting with my mom and dad. If you don't know this about me, you do now. There is nothing I love more than a good conversation, and there is no better place than when everyone is trapped in a vehicle. There's no way out. When we were growing up, and would drive from town to town to and from sporting events, I always loved the car conversation. Anyway, I've digressed...back to the fair. The girls visited Otto, the talking car. They were their shy selves, and didn't say much. They stopped for a photo opp with the Mizzou Tiger, rode a camel, visited the livestock, and of course had a snack break or two. They had a little bit of their own money so they bought a slush cup from an infomercial type booth. (it starts young apparently) Last, but not least, we watched the Vocal Trash concert, and I must say I was quite impressed. They were talented, energetic, and unique. Overall, it was a great weekend! It was a perfectly relaxing way to spend the weekend before the big back to school week!

post signature


1 comment:

Brooke said...

LOL, I love being trapped in the car for conversation as well! WE. ARE.FAMILY!