Monday, December 13, 2010

It is Better to Give Than to Receive

I tell my children this a lot, although I'm not sure if I "show" them this a lot. I have to be honest and say that I'm not great at taking time out of my schedule to do things for others. I always like the idea and have big plans, they just don't always get carried through with. Anyway, a couple of months ago, some ladies got together at church to make ornaments for the shut-ins. I couldn't make that gathering because we were out of town, but I was determined to help with the delivering, and am so glad I did. I really wanted to include the girls in the process, and they were thrilled to help out. We started the evening at the church with some hot chocolate.
We then headed to the car to start our journey. Faith was our navigator.

This sweet lady was our first stop, and it brought tears to my eyes. She was overjoyed that we came to visit, and she really made an impression on the girls. They loved giving away the ornaments and were anxiously awaiting their turn to be the giver of their ornament.
These are the adults that came to help out! Thanks Gina for organizing everything and thanks ladies for a wonderful evening. We definitely need to make it a tradition.

post signature

No comments: