Friday, August 6, 2010

Hayride on the Farm

I have a few more Missouri posts from 3 whole weeks ago, and then I can get on with my life:) It actually has worked out ok since we've done nothing upon our return to Oklahoma. The first week back I worked on getting caught up around the house, and then the last couple of weeks, as I stated previously, we've been sick off and on, and on top of that trying to get things ready for us all to go back to school things have been a little crazy. But, I suppose we wouldn't want it any other way. That's apparently how we thrive around here. Anyway, one of my favorite things we did while we were visiting in Missouri was head out to the farm for a weenie roast and hayride. There wasn't much going on at the fair that night, so we made alternate plans, and had a ton of fun. (Aside from me almost getting attacked by a bull, but I'll just leave it at that.) Our extended family from Ohio were able to join us, which made it even that much more fun, especially for the kids, they couldn't get enough time together! I had several favorite pics, so I went the collage route, which is a little small, but it works. We, of course, had to dress the part and take a few pictures before the festivities began. My children were surprisingly cooperative and I got several pictures that I really liked.
Everyone had a great time roasting their weenies, marshmallows for smores and chowing down on watermelon. The flies were a bit of a problem, but we still managed to get plenty to eat and then some.

We had so much fun hanging out with the family and enjoying all of the "country" things we don't get to do at home!


post signature

No comments: