Friday, February 19, 2010

The Chart

Against my better judgement, I recently created a chores chart for Skylar and Londyn. I won't go into how I really feel about that sort of thing:) Anyway, they've been looking for ways to earn some money, and I am always looking for ways to make things run more efficiently around our house. So, I created a simple chore list for each girl with items that they should already be doing anyway. I would just prefer they do them with a good attitude and without a fight. They have an opportunity to earn $1.oo per day. Londyn was excited, but not necessarily concerned with completing ALL tasks. She did a few of the easier ones and asked "I still get some money, right?" Skylar on the other hand was very serious about checking every single box off each day. So excited in fact, that on day 2 she was in my bedroom at 4:00AM dressed ready for school having already brushed her teeth, made her bed, picked up her room and reminding me that she had a good attitude wondering if she could go ahead and check those off the list. I'm sure she was dreaming about those checkmarks as soon as her head hit the pillow.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

That's our Skylar! I love Londyn's laid back attitude as well... Have a good weekend!