Thursday, February 11, 2010

Anti-Valentine's Day

Well, I don't like to think of myself as a cynical, negative individual. However, I have found my demeanor considerably less than chipper as this week of love has arrived. I generally LOVE holidays, and like the idea of Valentine's Day. I would just prefer that it be another, less busy, month. Both girls classes gave the option of making boxes at home or at school. Of course being the busy, working mom of three with a husband that is currently absent encouraged my children to make their bags at school. If you don't know me, or haven't picked up on it previously on the blog, I have issues. Things like this stress me out. I can't just let them slap some paper on a box and call it good. I have to make it far more expensive and stressful than necessary, all the while knowing that the end result will never meet my expectations. I fought if for about a week, but for some reason unknown to me, these girls really wanted to make their own boxes. I was feeling a little guilty so I caved. Rather than running my necessary errands after school, I ran to Hobby Lobby and bought stuff to make valentine's boxes. With all that being said, I have to admit we had fun, and I had two very happy girls!

post signature

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i spin my wheels and obsess over such things as this too. if it makes you feel any better...the boxes are really cute!

Brooke said...

The boxes are AdOraBle! I am sure they were very happy little girls! Tell them Happy Valentine's Day for me! Lincoln, too!