Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

It's been a long time since I can say I've had a "good" day, but I can honestly say that of today as it comes to an end. (Not to say I've had all bad days, just blah days:) The girls' school was closed today, so I ended up taking the day off to stay at home with them. We started out the morning with a list of chores. Each girl had a list, and loved being able to check off their chores after completing them. They managed to clean up their room, playroom and put away their toys, shoes and clothes that were dispersed throughout the house. We then went to lunch and to the store to pick up a few things for our evening of Easter fun. All the pictures are in reverese order of how the day went, but I don't suppose that's really a big deal to anyone but me. This was our finished tray of decorated cookies.
Skylar and her very detailed egg cookie
Londyn was in charge of decorating the chicks, and did a fine job.

Our plain ol' colored eggs. We did try to add some glitter at the end of our egg dying experience, but I personally just like the plain colored eggs. Every time I try to do anything beyond that I'm not happy with the results.
Concentrating, trying not to crack any eggs.
Having fun dying eggs with each other. They apparently told their teachers at school this year that they had never dyed eggs before, which is untrue. However, I made sure to take lots of pictures this time so I can remind them when the season rolls around again.

Girls after my own heart, none of us can resist eating at least a little cookie dough. We did hold out until almost the end where we didn't really have enough dough to roll out for more cookies. That's a step in the right direction, right?

Sorry about all the pictures. It's just been so long since we've done anything fun, I couldn't help myself. For the first time in a few months, I haven't felt like a complete loser of a mother.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Okay, first of all, STOP putting yourself down you crazy woman! Second, I am glad that you had a good day. The girls look like they had so much fun and those cookies look scrumptious. Wish I were there to eat a few myself. The girls did a very good job decorating! Miss you all and wish we were going to see you this weekend! Happy Easter!

Grandma Del said...

The girls look like they are having a good time and very busy. They have done a good job. Wish I could be there and eat some of there cookies.