Saturday, April 11, 2009

2nd Saturdays


I have heard about Philbrook Musuem's Free 2nd Saturday for a while now, but had never gotten around to taking the girls before today. I wanted to go take their Easter pictures in the gardens, and today happened to be a beautiful day as well as the 2nd Saturday of the month. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was so impressed at how organized everything was. Basically, on the 2nd Saturday of the month you get in free, and they have different art stations set up around the museum for kids to participate in. You can choose one, or go to them all, as well as tour the museum and enjoy the amazing gardens. The girls each got their own art box with a few supplies that you bring with you each month. Today they painted butterflies, and made bugs out of modeling clay. They were very proud of their creations. If you live in the Tulsa area, you should check it out. It's a great family outing, I don't think you'll be disappointed.



post signature

2 comments:

Melinda said...

That looks like so much fun. I really wish we had stuff like that closer to us.

Cute pics!!

Tammy said...

My kids would love this; thanks for the tip.