Friday, April 10, 2009

Flashback Friday

April's Flashback Friday theme is "Black Tie Affair". I keep forgetting to post on Fridays. It's like they creep up on me, but let me tell you, right now each one can't come soon enough. Anyway, this is a picture of me before our school prom my junior year. Melinda, we weren't really allowed to go to dances either, I thought I was the only one. My parents however, let me make the decision. I knew how they felt about it, but decided to go anyway. Our class was decorating that year, so I wanted to see it all come together. I went, got my picture taken, and pretty much left. I had a horrible time, those sorts of things are way out of my comfort zone. This was one of the only pictures I could find. At the time, I loved this dress, it has now retired to my girls' dress up trunk. A little flashy, you think? To check out more Flashback Friday "Black Tie Affair" posts, check out Melinda's blog.

post signature

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh man! That dress is FA-BULOUS! I LOVE it! You look adorable by the way!

Kristin said...

What a great dress! Came over from flashback Friday.

Melinda said...

Man, we were rockin' it in the pink dresses weren't we?!?!?

So how come your 'rents didn't want you going to dances? For me, it was my mom having been raised with the values that dancing was a sin.

Jessica said...

love the hot pink sequins! that makes the most perfect dress-up dress...i wish i wouldn't have sold all of mine at garage sales.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

My cousin had a dress just like that but it was teal for our Senior Prom.

ThatsBaloney said...

Love the hot pink!
I have to say that the anticipation and preparation for the dance was almost always WAY better than the actual date.

Mandy said...

I swear that I wore that exact dress in 1998 when I did my farewell speech at the Peach Pageant! Love the pic!