Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cabin Fever, Or Was It Rabies?

As many of you were, we have been at home enjoying the cold, icy weather. I started out getting a lot done. Ok, I only got one thing done, but it was a big thing, I cleaned the playroom. I had so many more plans, but as usual, they didn't exactly work out. As I would be in one room cleaning, the girls were in another messing. I realized there was no point. I decided to just try to do something fun with the girls instead. I had some cake mix, so I thought we could bake cupcakes. Yes, a great idea, that will be fun for everyone! It started out very well..... They were taking turns, sharing jobs, so sweet.
What good little helpers.
Filling the cups which took and eternity. I couldn't take it, I had to help.
And of course, sneaking a little bit of batter. Once again, don't worry, I'm not offering these cupcakes to anyone outside the fam.
At about this time, I had to make a phone call regarding a workshop I was supposed to attend. Within two minutes, I hear screaming. It's Skylar crying telling me Londyn has just made a hole in her FAVORITE shirt. Londyn actually bit a hole in the shoulder of her shirt. Insane! Londyn is usually one to sing to her own tune, but is usually still a pretty good girl. However, when she gets overly tired, she's unpredictable. Anyway, I'm getting on to Londyn, Skylar's still sobbing while still filling her cupcake pan. As I continue to try to get the story out of Londyn, Skylar's chair slipped out from under her and she jammed her chin on the counter and fell to the ground. It looked painful. When I picked her up, there was blood everywhere, and I couldn't tell where it was coming from. I didn't know if she cut her chin, busted her lip or what. It ended up being not bad at all, she actually bit her tongue which bled like crazy. She also had a small cut on her chin and some bruising. Anyway, by the end of snow day #2, I was exhausted, and ready to get back to life as we know it. I can't believe I don't have a picture of the most exciting events of the evening, but I thought Skylar may appreciate it if I chose to clean up the blood dripping from her mouth rather than snap a photo of the hole in her shirt and her lying on the floor bleeding.



1 comment:

Brooke said...

I am so glad that Skylar is okay, but I have to admit I laughed just a little imagining this story as it unfolded! Poor girl!